"Jesus Mysteries" - by Timothy Freke
- there was no evidence for the existence of a historical Jesus?
- for thousands of years Pagans had also followed a Son of God?
- this Pagan savior was also born of a virgin on December 25 before three shepherds?
- turned water into wine at a wedding?
- died and was resurrected, and offered his body and blood as a Holy Communion?
- these Pagan myths had been rewritten as the gospel of Jesus Christ?
- the earliest Gnostic Christians knew that the Jesus story was a myth?
- Christianity turned out to be a continuation of Paganism by another name?
This is a provocative and incredible story by a well-informed religious historian.