Amanita rubrovolvata: Red Volva Amanita
Technical description not yet available.
Fruiting bodies of Amanita rubrovolvata are small to medium-sized, and sometimes very small. The pileus is 20 – 65 mm wide, convex to applanate, sometimes slightly umbonate, red to orange, becoming orange to yellowish at margin, densely covered with red to orange to yellow, farinose to granular volval remnants; the margin is striate (30% to 60% of the radius) and non-appendiculate; and the context is white.
The gills are free and white; the short gills are truncate.
The stipe 50 – 100 x 5 – 10 mm, subcylindrical or slightly attenuate upwards, with a surface that is cream above the annulus and cream to yellowish below it. The stipe’s basal bulb is subglobose, 10 – 20 mm wide, with its upper part covered with red, orange to yellow floccose to farinose volval remnants. The annulus is membranous, persistent, with an upper surface that is white and a lower surface having a yellowish tinge and an edge that is red to orange.
The spores measure (7.0-) 7.5 – 9.0 (-11.0) x (6.5-) 7.0 – 8.5 (-10.5) µm and are globose to subglobose and inamyloid. Clamps are not found on the bases of basidia.
Originally described from Japan, this species occurs in China, northern India, Japan, Nepal, South Korea, and countries of Southeast Asia. — Zhu L. Yang
Photos: Zhu L. Yang (top, Yunnan Prov., China), Dr. R. P. Bhatt (bottom-left, Uttaranchal State, India), Kamal Semwal (bottom-right, Uttaranchal State).
- Amanita Cultivation – Why It’s Impossible
- Amanita Species – Complete List of Amanita species
- Amanita DEATH CAP Poisonings – The REAL Truth
- Amanita muscaria & Christmas – An Overview
- Dispelling Myths About the Fly Agaric – by Anonymous
- Hidden Symbols & the Fiery God Plant – Moses and the Burning Bush Explained by Clark Heinrich
- The Inuits and Amanitas – more history of this Sacred plant
- Milk Thistle & Amanita muscaria Poisoning – A Helpful Discussion
- Moses and the Burning Bush – Did he ingest Soma and see God?
- Mushrooms & Fungi – Trivia & Strange Facts
- Red Cap Mushroom the Ancient Soma? – by R. Gordon Wasson
- Soma, Jesus, Cannabis, and Religion – Criminalizing Jesus
- Soma: My Angels of Mercy – A personal healing account!
- The Resurrection of Santa
- The Fly Agaric and Shamanism – by James Arthur
- The Wapaq Tribe – Their Mushroom Cult