Amanita roseitincta : Rose-tinted Amanita
Technical description not yet available.
Amanita roseitincta is a distinctive and unusual species. In the button stage, a triplex volva is present. The underlayer is pinkish rusty and pulverulent. The outer layer forms warts (at arrow in drawing on right) on a submembranous base (seen peeling off below the unexpanded cap in the photo to the left). The color of the 30 – 70 mm wide pileus is off-white. All pigments rapidly fade in sunlight.
The gills are free to subdistant, crowded, and pale cream to white. The free gills are truncate.
The stipe is 25 – 150 x 5 – 20 mm and has a skirt-like annulus that is pink at first (at least on the lower side) and an ellipsoid to somewhat turnip-shaped bulb.
Jenkins (1986) reports the spores measure “8.2 -10.2 x 5.5 – 7.8 µm” and are broadly ellipsoid to ellipsoid and inamyloid. Clamps are absent from the bases of basidia.
This species occurs from New Jersey (infrequently) to the U. S. Gulf Coast region. It, and/or a similar species called A. guzmanii Cifuentes et al., occurs in Mexico.
Amanita roseitincta is associated with oak and pine. — R. E. Tulloss
Photo: R. E. Tulloss (Texas)
Drawing: member of Earle family (same date as holotype collection, Alabama) photographed by permission of the New York Botanical Garden.
- Amanita Cultivation – Why It’s Impossible
- Amanita Species – Complete List of Amanita species
- Amanita DEATH CAP Poisonings – The REAL Truth
- Amanita muscaria & Christmas – An Overview
- Dispelling Myths About the Fly Agaric – by Anonymous
- Hidden Symbols & the Fiery God Plant – Moses and the Burning Bush Explained by Clark Heinrich
- The Inuits and Amanitas – more history of this Sacred plant
- Milk Thistle & Amanita muscaria Poisoning – A Helpful Discussion
- Moses and the Burning Bush – Did he ingest Soma and see God?
- Mushrooms & Fungi – Trivia & Strange Facts
- Red Cap Mushroom the Ancient Soma? – by R. Gordon Wasson
- Soma, Jesus, Cannabis, and Religion – Criminalizing Jesus
- Soma: My Angels of Mercy – A personal healing account!
- The Resurrection of Santa
- The Fly Agaric and Shamanism – by James Arthur
- The Wapaq Tribe – Their Mushroom Cult