Amanita basiana : Bas Amanita
Technical description not yet available.
Amanita basiana is a species of pine forest illustrated in 2000 and described in 2001. At present, it is known only from a site near Genoa, Italy.
The cap is 40-75 mm wide; it is globose at first, becoming expanded-convex, with a striate margin (striations taking one-third to one-half of the cap’s radius). It is pale gray at first, becoming brownish gray or yellowish brown; it is covered with grayish to brownish, adherent patches or warts.
The gills are usually free, subdistant, white to creamy white, 8-9 mm broad, with a finely floccose edge. The short gills vary in length and are irregularly distributed.
The hollowing stipe is 35 – 90 x 10 – 13 mm, with grayish to brownish squamules and a somewhat bulbous base; its unchanging context is white, often with rusty spots in the bulb. The whitish annulus is often quickly lost; the volvalmaterial is present as a layer on the the upper part of the bulb, sometimes leaving an incomplete ring of tissue on the lower stipe.
The spores measure (8.5-) 10.0 – 13.6 (-26) x (7.5-) 8.0 – 10.7 (-15.3) µm and are broadly ellipsoid to ellipsoid (occasionally subglobose and rarely elongate to cylindric) and inamyloid. Clamps are absent from the bases of basidia.
The species is very similar to A. friabilis (Karst.) Bas, known from wet soils in association with alder in Europe. — R. E. Tulloss & Mido Traverso
Photos: Mido Traverso
- Amanita Cultivation – Why It’s Impossible
- Amanita Species – Complete List of Amanita species
- Amanita DEATH CAP Poisonings – The REAL Truth
- Amanita muscaria & Christmas – An Overview
- Dispelling Myths About the Fly Agaric – by Anonymous
- Hidden Symbols & the Fiery God Plant – Moses and the Burning Bush Explained by Clark Heinrich
- The Inuits and Amanitas – more history of this Sacred plant
- Milk Thistle & Amanita muscaria Poisoning – A Helpful Discussion
- Moses and the Burning Bush – Did he ingest Soma and see God?
- Mushrooms & Fungi – Trivia & Strange Facts
- Red Cap Mushroom the Ancient Soma? – by R. Gordon Wasson
- Soma, Jesus, Cannabis, and Religion – Criminalizing Jesus
- Soma: My Angels of Mercy – A personal healing account!
- The Resurrection of Santa
- The Fly Agaric and Shamanism – by James Arthur
- The Wapaq Tribe – Their Mushroom Cult